- Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
- Make your own questions and tag others
Would you rather only read great books in one language or be able to read in multiple languages but all the books are just ok?
Great books in one language because that’s basically what I do right now. I’ve read a few stories in Japanese back when I was in undergrad but other than that I’ve only read in English.
For one year, would you rather give up rereading or only read digital copies?
Only read digital copies. I much prefer physical books but I have nothing really against eBooks. They just tend to make me sleepy and don’t feel as satisfying to hold.
Would you rather only read audiobooks narrated by one person (and you can’t choose who) or every time you read an audiobook, the voice is way too slow (and you can’t change the speed)?
I’m laughing this is hilarious. I feel like only read audiobooks narrated by one person because maybe I’d get someone really good. If they’re bad then chances are I’ll either get used to them over time or switch to physical/digital reading.
Would you rather be published by a major company, but all your books have a 3-star rating, or only self-publish 5-star books?
Self-published because I have WAY too low of self-esteem to deal with constantly reading 3 star ratings. There’s also always a chance that self-publishing could make me the big money $$$$$$.
For two years, would you rather have complete strangers pick your readings or only be able to read books published in 2012?
What a random year! I was about to say complete strangers but now I’m thinking that there were so many good books published in 2020 so there much have been a lot of good books published in 2012. I could spread that out over two years.
Would you rather become best friends with your favorite author, but hate every book they write from that point on or find out you hate your favorite author as a person and continues to love everything they write?
Best friends with my favorite author for sure. I’m not interested in reading “great” books by terrible people. I would just have to tell them not to have me read/review their books anymore lol.
Would you rather have all your digital books be badly formatted or have all your physical copies stained?
Depends how bad the stain is but probably digital books be badly formatted. I’ve already read a few digital books with messed up formatting and it wasn’t horrible. Plus I read more physical books than ebooks.
Would you rather have your all-time favorite character trapped in the last book you hated or have a character you hate being a part of your favorite book?
My soulless self is like who cares they aren’t real LOL. I’m not sure what the last book I hated was unless you count books I’m currently reading (I’m looking at you Rebecca) but I think I’d choose having my all-time favorite character (probably Ronan Lynch) trapped in the last book I hated. I’m sure Ronan could make any book better just by being in it.
For one year, would you rather only be able to read books while listening to music or only be able to read books for one hour a day?
Only read books while listening to music. I’ve done this before and it’s not terrible. Eventually I just get used to having the background noise. ALSO what if I just lowered the music to like +1 volume?
Would you rather only read 800+ page books of your favorite genre or be able to read any genre but your favorite?
Any genre but my favorite because YA GIRL AIN’T GONNA READ A BUNCH OF 800+ PAGE BOOKS. HOMIE DON’T PLAY LIKE THAT. I like a wide variety of books so I’d be able to manage without one genre.
- Would you rather have a giant personal library in your house or own a bookstore?
- Would you rather drink one beverage for the rest of your life or eat the same meal for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather only be able to read during the day or only be able to read at night?
- Would you rather have every book you rate 5 stars spontaneously combust after you read it, or never read a 4/5 star book again?
- Would you rather meet your favorite author or meet your favorite actor?
- Would you rather be an author or be an editor (assuming you can’t be both)?
- Would you rather be banned from all your local libraries or be banned from all your local bookstores?
- Would you rather read a book where the villain wins or read a book where the hero dies?
- Would you rather only be able to read the first half of every book or the second half of every book?
- Would you rather read a trilogy or a series of 20+ books (assuming they’re both good)?