Today I have a tour spotlight for you! In this post I’ll take you through the blurb and about the author. If you’d like to follow along with the tour, you can find the full tour schedule here.
In this lyrical novel that will appeal to fans of Meg Medina, Maya turns to her trusty “wheel of fortunes” for guidance on the toughest questions–like why her best friend suddenly feels far away, or when her Daddy will move back home. But can Maya find the courage to write her own fortune?
Maya J. Jenkins is bursting with questions:
Will she get the MVP award at this year’s soccer banquet? Who will win the big grill off between Daddy and Uncle J? When will she pass the swim test and get a green bracelet? For answers and a dose of good luck, 12-year-old Maya turns to her Wheel of Fortunes, a cardboard circle covered with the small slips of wisdom she’s collected from fortune cookies.
But can the fortunes answer her deep-down questions? The ones she’s too scared to ask out loud? Like, where did Mama’s smile go, the real one that lit up everything around her? When will Daddy move back home? And most of all, does she have enough courage to truly listen to the voice in her heart?
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60916518-the-many-fortunes-of-maya
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0358434645/
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-many-fortunes-of-maya-nicole-d-collier/1141387926
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Many-Fortunes-Of-Maya-Nicole-D-Collier/9780358434641
- Indigo: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-many-fortunes-of-maya/9780358434641-item.html
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9780358434641
About the Authors
Nicole D. Collier, Ph.D., was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. She has spent the past two decades in education. First as a fourth grade teacher, then teacher coach, and now as a partner at Personality Matters, Inc., an executive training, coaching and consulting firm.
Nicole writes for all ages, but her first love is middle grade contemporary fiction. Young people are trying to discern who they are vs. who they want to be, and how to bridge the gap between the two. Nicole’s stories are in that gap. In particular, she writes about the interior lives of Black girls as they seek their authentic selves.
A self-proclaimed ever-victorious woman, Nicole has been known to run, dance, and turn cartwheels on sunny days. The Georgia peach has recently relocated to Tampa Bay, Florida.
Her forthcoming novel, The Many Fortunes of Maya (HarperCollins/Versify, Jan ’23) has earned two starred reviews (Kirkus, Publishers Weekly) and is a Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection.
- Website: https://nicoledcollier.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EssentialCoco
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/essentialcoco/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16095191.Nicole_D_Collier
That sounds good for the age group it’s targeted for.
LikeLiked by 1 person