Hello everyone and welcome to a new week! Today I bring to you another book tag! I was tagged by Esther earlier this month (thank you, Esther!).
I can’t seem to find who initially created this (it may have started on Instagram?) but if you know, please tell me!
Three read once and loved authors
- Victoria Schwab is an author that is super hyped but so far I’ve only read one of her books, City of Ghosts, which is a middle grade. I enjoyed it a lot and have been on the hunt at local bookstores for the sequels but so far none of them carry hardcovers.
- Sally Thorne. I read and loved The Hating Game but I have yet to pick up another book by her.
- Casey McQuiston. Red, White & Royal Blue is one of my favorite books of all time, but it’s the only McQuiston books I’ve read so far. We do own One Last Stop though and I’m planning on reading it next month!
Three titles I’ve watched but haven’t read
- The Vampire Diaries. I binge watched this one summer without internalizing the idea that it was a book first. There’s a used bookstore near me with two TVD books for cheap but none of them are the first so I haven’t bought the ones available.
- Harry Potter Series. It was hard to be alive and not watch these films with everyone else but I never made it past book 3 in the series. And now that the author has decided to be violently and unapologetically transphobic, I’m not really in any hurry to try to read them.
- Game of Thrones. I only watched like one season of this show with my partner, Rob, before we gave up. I’m not a fantasy reader and I hate when a series is never completed, so I doubt I’ll ever pick this series up.
Three characters you love
- Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle. RONAN IS MY BB BOY AND I WILL PROTECT HIM AT ALL COSTS.
- Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games is the definition of cinnamon roll. I will rant at you for hours about how Katniss did not deserve that boy.
- Andie Bell from A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder. She had the determination and self-drive that I wish I had! I think she could destroy anything by sheer force of will and I am in awe.
Three series binged
I’m not much of series binger so these answers are kind of random
- Inuyasha was the series that introduced me to the magic of manga. I haven’t read all of the English volumes available, but I did binge like 20 of them in March.
- Cased Closed has been one of my favorite series (both anime and manga) since I first read and watched it. I own a bunch of them and binged the first 30 volumes August of last year.
- The Shades of London. This one isn’t complete yet, but the fourth installment was supposed to be published in like 2017 and is being delayed for unknown reasons. I’ve reread the first book MULTIPLE times and there was one period where I listed to all three on audiobook back to back.
Three favorite book covers
- With the Fire on High was 100% a cover buy for me back when we purchased it and thankfully the book was absolutely worth it!
- The Inheritance Games (US edition) has such a great cover but for some reason there’s an alternate cover that I hate a LOT. I’m glad I was able to purchase the cover I liked.
- Cinderella is Dead (UK edition). I am so freaking thankful that I won this book in a giveaway by a UK person so I got the UK cover from Book Depository. I’m firmly in the UK cover > US cover camp for this book.
Three goals for this year
- Post more on my blog. I kind of let this blog fall to the waist side recently and I’m trying to pick it back up again. Sometimes I debate whether or not I should purchase a hosting plan instead of using free WP but idk yet.
- Start graduate school successfully. I’ve registered for fall classes for graduate school (to get my PhD) and I’m crossing my fingers very tightly that I’m cut out for it. I have a masters already, but I left without pursuing my doctorate because it was taking a giant toll out of my mental and physical health.
- Learn how to promote my blog, Twitter, and Instagram properly. My Twitter followers have been slowly dwindling in the past month and my Instagram followers have been stuck at the same-ish number for months. I’m trying to post more regularly in the hopes that I can get more following and make more friends. I really want bookish friends IRL to hang out with. I don’t know how to make friends as an adult.