Blogmas is giving me the perfect opportunity to catch up on tags and reviews! I was tagged by the wonderful Ani back in May and I’m finally getting to this now! Thank you for tagging me, Ani! Sorry it took so long!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn from allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
My first blog post was in July 2019 and it explains a bit about why I started blogging. I have a terrible memory so blogging gave me a way to write out my thoughts after reading so that I can look back later on to see how I felt.
What’s kept me blogging is the wonderful people that I’ve met doing this. I have an incredibly supportive group chat with my The Write Reads group (love you all!) and they keep me going. I’ve also met a BUNCH of lovely people who I interact with regularly on Twitter. I cherish all of you so much.
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
I think the easiest posts to write are blog tags since I don’t have to put as much thought into my formatting and word choice. I also really enjoy writing TBR posts and Wrap-Ups.
What are your top three favorite blog posts you wrote?
I have a hard time finding posts that I like lol. Here are some of the first that I can find/think of that I like a bit more than others:
- Introducing: BookTriggerWarnings.com!
- Reading With My Partner: A New Experience
- Book Review: The Hating Game
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
I like doing jigsaw puzzles, taking bubble baths, playing games on my phone, and reading. I also enjoy watching TV shows/movies, but I haven’t been doing that much lately.
What are three of your favorite things?
- My partner, Rob
- My kitty cats
- Libraries/Book stores
What are your proudest blogging moments?
I was incredibly proud the first time I received a physical ARC. I felt like it was a sign that what I was doing actually mattered since an author was willing to send one to me. Other proud moments that I’ve had was creating my first ever readathon (Trope-ical Readathon) with my partner, and creating the website BookTriggerWarnings.com with him, a site where people can find information like trigger/content warnings, representation info, tropes, and controversies about books.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
My hobbies are basically everything I mentioned doing above in the “favorite things to do to relax” question. I also like going on walks and exploring new places. We recently moved to Chicago in October and we spent a good amount of that month just walking around and discovering our neighborhood. It was really nice.
Describe your personality in three words
Empathetic, sensitive, generous (that’s Rob’s contribution because I couldn’t think of a third word)
What are your top three pet peeves?
- I hate the noise that is made from people biting their nails. That loud clomping sound really bothers me.
- I have a thing against people touching me because of previous trauma. It’s mostly okay if we’re good friends but even my mom putting her hand on my thigh makes me severely uncomfortable.
- Hypocrisy. I hate when people say they’ll do something but then later on either claim they didn’t say it or do something completely opposite.
What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
Um….I might have a duplicated kidney whatever that means. It’s on one of my previous x-rays. I think the x-ray also says I have a large bladder lol
Sorry if you’ve already been tagged! If you want to do this and I didn’t tag you, just pretend I did!