I was tagged by Emily! (A month ago. I’m so sorry.) Unfortunately I don’t know who created this tag, but if anyone else does please let me know so that I can credit them!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I mean my nickname is Jenny/Jen. I don’t use my real name on my blog but I have several nicknames from that.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I don’t doodle much because I never can decide on what to doodle. I think my anxiety is incompatible with doodling. Sometimes I’ll decide I want to doodle in the margins of something and then I start panicking that my doodle isn’t going to be good enough and that someone will see and be like wtf is that? You call that a doodle?
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I usually just lie there. It’s pretty unproductive.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
I guess quiet. It really depends on who I’m around but my default is quiet around people I don’t know.
5. What makes you cry?
Uh, everything? I’m such a sensitive crier. I’ll cry during like any movie and I cry when I’m angry.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I really hate when people sing in public.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
No idea. If we’re only counting mirrors than like as little as possible since the only times I’m really around mirrors is when I’m in a bathroom. If we’re talking about reflections then I have no idea. I generally don’t like looking at myself but I also have this need to see my reflection to make sure I’m not completely hideous.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I believe a lot of strange things, even as an adult. I guess one thing that I believed as a child that I definitely don’t believe in anymore was that I was convinced that monsters could come out of toilets when you flushed them. I’m not even kidding. I would flush a toilet and then run out of the bathroom and into another to wash my hands.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Probably tweezing. I tweeze my body hair and some of my partners’. Not really for beauty purposes –like I don’t tweeze my eyebrows–but I enjoy the feeling of pulling out hair. It’s weird, I know.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Uhhhh. I have no idea. I’m sorry.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I don’t read newspapers. I avoid news because everything in this world sucks and is super sad. If I were to read a newspaper, I’d do like the comics/puzzle sections.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
I mean I hate big spiders and centipedes. I don’t know which one I’d be more terrified of if I found it on my body. I think with bigger animals I’m not too scared of them because I would just accept that I’m going to die.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
Avoid. I’ve been avoiding conflict my entire life.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
My partner compliments me several times throughout the day. Looks like the last one might have been “you’re so wonderful!”.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
I mean, in general, I’m tired of hearing questions that make huge assumptions about me just cause I teach math and have a degree in it. So many people are like “you’re good at math, calculate this random thing” and like no? I don’t work like that?
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I don’t eat many strange things but probably a fish eyeball.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
I’d say few close friends. I don’t go out or hang out with people much.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Not that I know of.
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
I don’t have a lot of favorites so I don’t know how to answer this question. I visited Kalaupapa on Moloka’i a few years ago and it was an incredible experience. We basically didn’t have access to internet and it was really nice experiencing the community and nature surrounding that place.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
My first name isn’t Jenny so probably Jenny. Possibly Keira.
21. When was the last time you lied?
Bruh I lie all the time because it’s in my sense of humor so I have no idea. One time I told my friend that I didn’t know how to swim (I was born, raised, and currently live in Hawaii) and I was shocked that she believed me.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Technology. I have no idea how anything works.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
I kind of want to say neither. I feel like if I were the first to explore a planet, I’d probably die. I also feel like if I invented a drug to cure a deadly disease, I would have probably had some collateral damages in the form of human (and animal) deaths. So maybe first to explore a planet.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
“I don’t want to wake up”
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
I don’t have a favorite song but I really enjoy the song Taki Taki.
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
Rob: loving, caring, beautiful, strong, smart
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
OH GOD PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME DO THIS
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
I have no idea. I just asked my partner and he doesn’t know either. My ex told me once that I looked like Alessia Cara.
(My partner just said Beyoncé and I’m just gonna go ahead and ignore that outright lie)
30. What do you want me to know?
Be friends with me! I want book friends! LOL
Anyone who wants to be tagged, let me know and I’ll link to your blog or whatever in this post!